When you need fast cash in Long Beach, California, you have a lot of different options to choose from. You can consider traditional bank loans, PayDay loans, new lines of credit or the mortgaging of your assets. Read more
Long Beach, CA offers an array of festivals and live performances in different genres for those who love music and theater. The city hosts several annual festivals and there are live performances in many of its bars on a regular basis. In addition, other popular Long Beach, like the Toyota Grand Prix, are also accompanied by live concerts.
The 31st Annual Long Beach Jazz Festival awaits its guests in August (August 10-12 in 2018). The event will be held at the Rainbow Lagoon in an incredible outdoor setting. It is the only Jazz festival that is held in southern California and features some of the top artists of the year in styles ranging from classic R&B to hot summer jazz. Along with the beautiful music, you will enjoy a great selection of food, art and much more. There is a VIP seating offered for those who want an unforgettable experience.
- Long Beach Cumbia y Tequila Fest
Long Beach CA will host the 3rd Annual Cumbia y Tequila Fest on June 10, 2018. The doors for the event will open at 12 pm and close at 6 am. If you want to enjoy exciting music and exceptional food, this is the place for you. There will be an outdoor dance floor, several outdoor bars, and drinking space. Life performers will be Spaghetti Cumbia, Betty’s Mustache and Very Be Careful along with classic Cumbia DJ’s. There are several types of tickets available at quite affordable rates starting from $10 to $50 for a VIP ticket. Come to dance and have a lot of fun.
- Music Tastes Good
This September Music Tastes Good returns to Long Beach CA. The festival will be held at the Marina Green Park on September 29 and September 30 with New Oder and James Blake as headliners for each of the days. There will be more than 40 music performances featuring Joey Bada$$, Santigold, Princess Nokia, Lil B, Blake Mills, The Black Angels, Parquet Courts, The Church and many more. The culinary offerings will be of matching quality to guarantee that you will spend the best time ever. Tickets range from $93 to $315 and children under 5 enter for free, while children aged 6-12 get a discounted ticket for just $35.
- Tropical Boat Party
The lovers of electronic music have a chance to attend the Tropical Party in Long Beach CA at its 20th anniversary. Tropical Boat Party will be back on the water on August 18, 2018 and the organizers promise a great event but don’t share many details.
- HUGE Queen Mary “Summer Dance Deck” Party
Queen Mary will host the HUGE Queen Mary “Summer Dance Deck” Party this August. The event will take place from 6 pm on August 25 to 1 am on August 26. Dance on the deck of the famous liner while surrounded by water. The entrance fee is between $30 and $58. You can enjoy the time outside and the ocean view or dance inside the beautiful Britannia ballroom of the ship. Dance under the stars while a live band performs R&B, Funk, Old School, Latin & more. The event is suitable both for singles and couples.
In addition to the wonderful events, Long Beach CA also boasts a number of bars and restaurants that organize music nights with live performers.
- At The Top offers live music every Thursday night with the electric Long Beach Radio Band. The performance starts at 8 pm and lasts until There is no cover charge and a special drink offer after 21 and over – 2 for 1 cocktails. If you are a large group, it is better to call and make a reservation.
- Broken Drum Bar is a full live music venue that is also a bar and a restaurant with a sophisticated menu at the same time. Established as the leading live music bar in Downtown Long Beach, the Broken Drum officially opened on April 1 and hence hosts different performances. On July 13, for example, Peter Case with Dead Rock West will be performing an acoustic show. Hurry up and reserve a seating close up to the stage.
If you are a music fan but you want an experience different than a big festival or a live performance in a bar, then Playgrounds is for you. Play.MOD presents the best house and techno party on May 25 at Berth 55 Fish Market and Seafood Deli. The entrance is expected to be around $15 and you will enjoy the performance of Ocean Roulette, Fadi, Jesse Angelis, Sang Froyd, 2CB, Candland The Wanderers.
The music culture is part of the spirit of Long Beach CA, which is evident by the numerous events and places dedicated to it. You can enjoy different types of music and dance the night away at various venues around the city.
Long Beach is Southern California’s jewel and host to vast numbers of tourists every year. Located on the beautiful beaches of CA, this trendy destination has something in store for everyone. Whether are after a luxury vacation or are an urban soul seeking vibrant atmospheres and adventurous experiences, Long Beach has you covered.
With warm temperatures all year long, Long Beach CA is the perfect holiday destination for the sun lovers. Regardless of what time of year you choose for your vacation, chances are that you can experience a beautiful summertime, gaze at the Californian sunsets and sunrises along the area of beaches and get that tan!
To make the most of your Long Beach CA vacation, we have prepared a few of our favorite summer activities for you to try. Enjoy!
Visiting the Aquarium of the Pacific
Dive into the memorable experience of exploring the underwater world by visiting the Aquarium of the Pacific located in Long Beach, CA. A trip to the Aquarium of the Pacific, the fourth most attended aquarium in the United States, will surely leave you breathless.
A popular attraction that deserves its recognition, the Aquarium offers a range of fun activities that you can enjoy, along with more than fifty exhibits to see. The aquarium is especially interesting for kids as there is a colorful palette of events, interactive activities, and games that can be played. Make sure to check the aquarium’s website for any upcoming events prior to your visit to make the most of your journey.
Exploring El Dorado Nature Center
For those that seek to escape the busy and dynamic city life and spend some time in nature, the El Dorado Nature Center in Long Beach CA is the perfect place to go! Located in the middle of the city, the nature center is like a hidden piece of paradise, with rich natural surroundings and habitats. Between the San Gabriel River and the 605 Freeway, the El Dorado Nature Center offers activities and nature programs that are worth exploring!
Experience nature at night by signing up for a family night walk or test your knowledge on surviving in nature through a Stayin’ Alive workshop. You could also try the organized drawing classes outdoors or go on a butterfly count with a group! The options are endless.
Queen Mary has turned into a tourist destination since she made her way to Long Beach’s port half a century ago. Find out what it feels like to go back in time by seeing what the captain saw from this enormous ship or visiting all the rooms and halls inside. Lean against the rail and let the wind brush against your hair! Queen Mary carries a lot of its history and your tour could be extremely educational and fun at the same time. The displays and history lessons inside will enrich you with interesting information on the methods used to operate the ship.
It is common to spot a whale in the waters surrounding Long Beach CA, especially during the summer months. Enthusiasts can take a whale watching cruise and spend time in the waters of the Pacific on a lookout for the mesmerizing animals. Hop on a boat with friendly staff that will provide information on marine life and experience the adrenaline boost of seeing a gigantic whale a few feet away! Enjoying the sun on a boat while waiting for a whale to pop up is definitely a memorable adventure to have on your trip to Long Beach. Worry not, the guides and staff on your whale watching tour will keep you safe!
Under an hour away from Los Angeles, Long Beach CA is a beautiful place to go for your next holiday. These activities are a mere preview of what you can explore in the area. Whether you are traveling alone, with your other half or with the whole family, there are many ways of having fun in Long Beach!
Long Beach, California is known for its beautiful views, amazing seafood, and a gigantic aquarium. A top tourist destination, Long Beach is perfect for exploring different cultures and is a great choice for both tourists looking to enjoy the beauty of their vacation destination and for those who are after a good party and a crazy nightlife experience while on vacation.
Here are a few exciting nightlife experiences to try in Long Beach CA:
Top Rated Bars and Clubs to Try
- The Blind Donkey is the whiskey lovers heaven! Whether you like your drink on the rocks or as a cocktail, the Whiskey options here are endless!
- The Federal Bar will host you with live music during the weekends and keep the beers coming!
- Sevilla Nightclub on Pine Avenue will keep you dancing all night to the beats of the most recent music hits and give you the ultimate nightclub experience.
These are mere examples of the numerous nightlife options in Long Beach CA! Try bar hopping to get the most of your vacation by selecting a few of the top rated bars in the area.
Popular Nightlife Areas
Downtown Long Beach is among the busiest and richest in various places to be while visiting Southern California! A range of bars, clubs, and restaurants with a wide variety of cultural cuisines around Pine Avenue and 4th Street deserve a visit!
Belmont Shore and East Village Arts District are ideal for experiencing the hipster culture of the region. Here, the dress code is often casual and the experience is incomparable.
If you’re not afraid of showing off your dance moves, try Long Beach’s amazing Latin clubs, where you can feel the real heat on the dance floor!
Long Beach CA has a bit of everything for everyone! You can visit bars and clubs with chill-out jazz music, underground electronic music, experience luxurious wine bars, casually listen to live music while sipping on a cocktail or have a crazy night and spend the night dancing in a club with your favorite music! The options are endless; all you have to do is visit Long Beach CA and see for yourself!
If you are planning a trip to California, make sure to include the city of Long Beach in your itinerary. This coastal jewel has a lot to offer to its visitors. Enjoy the great atmosphere of the city at any time of the year and participate in different sports or cultural events held regularly at Long Beach CA.
1. When to visit Long Beach CA
The best times to visit Long Beach CA are in spring and fall when the city offers its best weather and a lot of attractions. In summer, the onshore marine layer can make the days gray and misty and that’s why the locals named the period “June Gloom”. Be aware that Long Beach is overcrowded in April during the annual Toyota Grand Prix. If you plan to visit the event, book your stay well in advance. If you want to avoid the crowd, plan your trip before or after the event.
2. What to see in Long Beach CA
Long Beach CA offers many attractions to please visitors with different tastes.
- No doubt, first on your list should be the Aquarium of the Pacific, which is the largest aquarium in southern California, and the ocean liner Queen Mary, docked in Long Beach since 1967 when it stopped cruising the seas. Now it offers a great view and one of the most romantic restaurants in the USA – Sir Winston. As an added bonus, you can also sleep aboard.
- You can also enjoy several walking tours downtown Long Beach. One great option is the Art Tour, which also features the Museum of Latin American Art. There is also a Food Walking Tour, which allows you try several restaurants and cafés or you can simply go shopping.
- Don’t miss the Naples Gondola Ride – a cruise that is offered from mid-day to midnight and you can even request a gondolier who can sing to make the journey even more romantic.
3. Best Long Beach CA events
- The annual Toyota Grand Prix held in April. Make sure to book your stay and event tickets well in advance, as this is the most visited event.
- The Belmont Shore Christmas Parade is held during the first weekend at December. It is quite old-fashioned and much loved by both locals and visitors. The Naples Boat Parade is held a week later.
- During the summertime, there are numerous festivals that celebrate local art and culture. Visitors can enjoy performances by local artists and taste local food. An example is the First Fridays Street Fair.
4. How to travel to and around Long Beach CA
- The Long Beach Airport (LGB) is the closest airport to the city. You can also drive to Long Beach. If you want to visit the city from Los Angeles, though, it is better to take the metro, since getting around Long Beach is pretty easy without a car.
- The Passport buses offer free rides in Long Beach downtown to most of the attractions located there and can take you to other parts of the city at a very affordable price.
- There are also two options to travel by water – the Aquabus and the Aqualink, which are also price-worthy.
- There are Uber services and taxis in Long Beach CA that are easy and convenient to use and won’t cost you much.
5. Where to stay in Long Beach CA
There are plenty of places in Long Beach CA, where you can stay. The city offers different types of accommodations – from small boutique hotels to large international hotel chains, renowned for their services. The city is known as pet-friendly, so many places allow pets – just check in advance. If you want a romantic weekend getaway, then it is better to book a hotel near the shore or why not in the Queen Mary itself?
CONTACT US TODAY
AUTO TITLE LOANS SINCE 2011
FAST MONEY LOAN provides auto title loans with cash in as little as 30 minutes. With locations throughout all of California to serve you, we help clients who apply for auto/car title loans – including Long Beach, Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Diego County, and Sacramento County.